The NHS is well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases and has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
If you have recently come back from an affected area and are feeling unwell, or if you are currently self-isolating, please call NHS 111 who will be able to advise.
Please do not visit your dental practice, GP surgery or pharmacy until you have received further advice.
To avoid catching or spreading the Coronavirus take the below steps:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Wash your hands before eating and preparing food
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean