The Clyde Munro Dental Group is a range of unique dental practices throughout Scotland. We look after a lot of information and personal data to provide our dental services. We also gather information through this website.
This privacy notice advises patients and others who contact us on how and why we use their personal data and about your rights in relation to that personal data. We have a separate privacy notice for job applicants and our own staff.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Any information that identifies an individual is called personal data. This includes names and contact details etc. Information about health is called special category personal data.
We collect both types of data from our patients and use it as part of providing dental treatment to them. This information is held on our specialised practice management system.
Our practice management system is run by another organisation who supply us with the software to manage our information. Although they securely store our information, they do not use it for their own purposes and we have a contract with them which sets out our instructions to them.
Here are the various ways we are likely to obtain your personal data:
Contact Request: we use your contact details to answer any queries you have about our services.
Patient registration and treatment: when you ask us to provide you with dental services, we will use the information you provide to register you at our practice. We will use this information to contact you about appointments and to administer your relationship with us. Information about your treatment will form part of your dental records.
Our dentists use various technology providers to assist with their treatment, including some that allow you to contact your dentist and ask questions. We have carefully chosen providers who we believe will enhance our services. You will usually be invited to use the technology and have a choice about whether it is for you, or not.
Online and Offline Advertising: if you are happy for us to do so, we will send you client satisfaction surveys, information about our services, treatments and events, and if applicable our newsletter. We will use information about you to inform us about who our patients are and to send messages relating to treatment and oral health education. You will always have the right to ask us to stop sending you this type of information. To do this you can email us using the contact details above.
Sharing your data
We will share information about you and your dental treatment where there is a clinical need to do so, but only as much information as is necessary and only with others involved in your clinical care. You will generally know in advance when this is going to happen.
We have written agreements with the technology providers that our dentists use to assist with their treatment, who are chosen carefully by us to enhance the treatment we provide to you. If you wish to know more about this technology then please contact us using the details above.
We will retain information about your dental treatment for 10 years and we will retain information about the cost of your treatment for 6 years.
We will also retain your contact details to keep in touch for as long as you agree to that.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights about your personal data including:
- Right of access: You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information. You also have the right to information about how we use your data. This notice should answer most of your questions but you should contact us if you have further queries.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. You have an absolute right to ask us to stop sending you marketing material and updates about our services.
- There is no charge for exercising these rights unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If it is, we will either refuse to comply or charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply with your request.
Once a request is made, it will be acknowledged and we may ask for confirmation of identification from you and/or seek clarification of your request.
We will do our best to respond without undue delay and within one month of receiving your request. However, if the request is complex, we can extend that by another two months but if we do need more time, we will let you know why.
Please make any requests using the contact details above.
How to raise concerns
If you have any concerns about the way that we collect and use your data then please contact us using the details above and we will do our best to address these concerns.
However you can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data and their contact details can be found here: www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under review and will require to make changes from time to time. We will highlight any substantial updates on our website.
This privacy notice was last updated on October 2022.